The long wait for GE13 is almost over and Malaysiakini is gearing up to provide the most in-depth coverage of the campaign to help Malaysians make an informed choice.
Apart from providing incisive analysis and commentaries, we will also report on electoral malpractices and discrepancies in order to protect our democracy.
This is a herculean task and we can't do it alone. We want you to help by joining Malaysiakini's volunteer programme and work alongside us.
This is your opportunity to help shape the news and hold our politicians accountable.
If you are keen, expect to endure long hours, face tremendous stress, have an invaluable learning experience and enjoy reporting on Malaysia's colourful political landscape.
From nomination day until polling day. Full time participation is encouraged, especially for students, but not compulsory.
1) Reporting local and state level election issues
2) Documenting public opinion and interview candidates/parties
3) Monitor the electoral process for fraud
4) Provide live updates of election results
Who should apply
3) Citizen journalists
4) Anyone who can help document the electoral process
1) A commitment towards democracy, human rights and press freedom
2) A commitment towards fair and ethical reporting
3) A commitment towards teamwork
4) Writing, photography or videography skills are a plus
A four-hour training workshop will be held in Kuala Lumpur on March 30, 2013. Workshops in other cities might be held if there is sufficient demand.
Seats are limited and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants should respond to email@example.com by March 26, 2013. Tell us your name, where you live, your vocation, and the relevant skills that you possess.
Workshop details will be emailed to successful applicants the following day.
Participants will be subject to screening during the workshops. We reserve the right to reject any applicant.
For further information, email us or call 03-2283 5567 to speak to Andrew Ong or Wong Teck Chi.