Released last night, Sejahratul Dursina @ Chomel Mohamad said, "It's not bad and if you ask me, it was like a nice holiday. It was a relaxing experience and I didn't have to worry about anything."
When asked whether she had been treated harshly during her interrogation sessions, she replied that there was no compulsion on the part of her interrogators to obtain information.
"The way they conducted it was more like a revelation from me to them. I was actually telling my story to them. The interrogation went on very nicely and smoothly," Sejahratul said at her residence in Ampang.
She added that during her detention she was investigated every day from 9am to 5pm and was placed in a 10ft by 20ft cell.
Asked how she coped with solitary confinement she said that it was just a matter of getting used to.
"In the beginning you would not be used to it, but after a while, its ok," Sejahratul said.
Sejahratul was arrested under the ISA on April 17 along with 13 others over a two-day period under suspicion of having links to the shadowy KMM.
The 37-year-old IT company director's arrest brings to 62 the number of individuals arrested for the same reason since last year. A hundred more arrests are expected.
According to a report in the Malay language daily Utusan Malaysia today, 11 have been sent to the Kamunting detention centre in Perak while two more have been set free unconditionally.
Restricted residence
Since her release, Sejahratul has been placed under restricted residence which stipulates that she has to report to the authorities on the first and 15th day of every month, and that she cannot leave her house from 9pm to 6am.
The restriction order, by which she is bound for two years, was made under Section 8(5) of the ISA which also stipulates that she cannot speak at a public forum or involve herself in political activities.
At her residence last night, Sejahratul was not allowed to meet with anyone except for her children and her mother.
According to her lawyer Saiful Izham, the authorities claimed that she had been collecting funds for Muslims in Ambon, Indonesia, and conducting religious classes for the female members of Jemaah Islamiah. However, no mention was made of al-Qaeda or the KMM.
The Jemaah Islamiah is claimed by the police to be KMM's secret cell with direct links to international terrorist organisation al-Qaeda.
Meanwhile, Shah Alam High court judge Zaleha Zahari threw out Sejahratul's habeas corpus application, stating that the police had shown no bad faith in detaining her.
"Although the ISA has been criticised as being a harsh law, the court is only applying the law and because this is a court of lower jurisdiction, it is only following the previous decisions made by the higher courts.
"Also in light of recent developments, the matter has become academic but in any event this application is not approved," Zaleha said.
No time frame
She also said that the constitutional right to counsel under Article 5(3) did not specify a time when the detainee could meet with lawyers and that it was up to the detaining authorities to decide.
Her lawyers earlier argued that her arrest was merely to pressure her husband, Yazid Sufaat, into admitting his involvement with a militant movement.
Yazid, arrested last year similarly under the ISA, was accused of being the point-man for al-Qaeda and is now serving a two-year detention order the ISA in Kamunting.
Al-Qaeda is accused by the US of being responsible for the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.
The habeas corpus application of another KMM suspect, Nasharuddin Nasir, has been adjourned until July 16 as he was sent to the Kamunting last night.
In his affidavit obtained from his lawyers yesterday, the 45-year-old fishmonger claimed that he was never asked questions on national security, the KMM or al-Qaeda.
He said that he was only questioned on his activities in Jemaah Islamiah and another organisation called Al-Ehsan.
