Health Ministry: Sars screening process unsatisfactory

comments     Beh Lih Yi     Published     Updated

A Malaysian who lives and works in Singapore as a cashier may face legal action for not being honest when declaring her health status o­n her return to Malaysia recently.

She later told the health ministry here that she had been in close contact with a friend who had died of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars) in Singapore o­n April 24.

The woman, aged 22, was o­ne of three new suspected Sars cases reported to the ministry yesterday, according to the daily update by deputy director-general of health Dr Mohd Ismail Merican.

She was o­ne of two suspected Sars cases who had not been detected at entry points into the country, he said.

For the rest of this story and more, subscribe for only RM150 a year. If you're already a subscriber, please sign in.

Sign in Subscribe now


Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In