Residents claim victory over controversial PJ plan
The 5,000 residents who had objected to the controversial Petaling Jaya 1 local plan - a bold development project to turn the satellite township into a bustling metropolis - are pleased that the authorities have taken their views into consideration.
Eight out of 10 major objections raised by this group last year were accepted by the Selangor government and were incorporated in the final plan which was gazetted on March 13.
Derek Fernandez, legal adviser for the Section 5 Residents Association, said the local plan was gazetted after a state-level investigating committee heard thousands of objections from the public.
"We are pleased with the outcome, especially when most of our objections are upheld," he told malaysiakini when met today.
For the rest of this story and more, subscribe for only RM150 a year. If you're already a subscriber, please sign in.
Sign in Subscribe now