Most Read
Most Commented
Read more like this
mk-logo
News
French firm Total suspends oil work amid Brunei-M'sia spat
Published:  Jun 16, 2003 9:07 AM
Updated: Jan 29, 2008 10:21 AM

French oil company Total said today it had suspended exploration work in an oil block off Borneo island due to a territorial dispute between Malaysia and Brunei.

Total, leader of a consortium which last year won a Brunei tender for one of two huge offshore blocks, said it was "surprised" that Malaysia had entered territorial claims on the area.


Please join the Malaysiakini WhatsApp Channel to get the latest news and views that matter.

Unlocking Article
Unlocking Article
ADS