Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will continue to be transparent in communicating with the next-of-kin of the passengers on board the MH370 on all matters pertaining to the missing aircraft.
The Malaysian national carrier said bi-monthly meetings had been held in Beijing to provide regular updates on MH370 to the Chinese relatives, apart from addressing their questions.
"The bi-monthly briefings shall remain private as it is the airline’s duty to respect the privacy of the issues being discussed with the next-of-kin," MAS told Bernama via email today.
MAS said its officers managed to speak to a small group of the Chinese relatives yesterday at a briefing to elaborate on the latest development pertaining to the flaperon found on Reunion Island.
Early Thursday, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak announced that international experts had confirmed that the flaperon found on the French Reunion Island is from Flight MH370.
Flight MH370 was carrying 239 passengers, mostly Chinese, and crew en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur when it vanished from the radar on March 8 last year.
- Bernama
