No MH370 memorial service, says transport minister
MH370 The government will not be holding any memorial service for the tragedy of Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH370 which disappeared two years ago, except for a special session during the opening of the Parliament sitting in March.
Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said at the Parliament session, members would be speaking to commemorate the incident.
"At the start of Parliament, the Dewan Rakyat speaker will announce the item and invite members of Parliament to give commemorative speeches."
Liow said this to reporters after performing the ground-breaking for a new block of Sekolah Tinggi Persendirian Chong Hwa in Kuala Lumpur today.
The aircraft was carrying 239 passengers and crew when it went missing from the radar screen while on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.
It has yet to be found, although massive search operations were conducted in the southern Indian Ocean, the place it is believed to have ended after diverting from its original route.
On July 29 last year, a flaperon found on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, was sent to France for analysis.
On Aug 6 last year, Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak confirmed that the flaperon belonged to MH370.
- Bernama
For more news and views that matter, subscribe and support independent media for only RM0.36 sen a day:
Subscribe now