Selangor Menteri Besar Mohamed Azmin Ali today announced the portfolios of the 10 state executive councillors.
Speaking to reporters at the Selangor State Secretariat building, he gave the list of councillors and their portfolios as follows:
1. Mohamed Azmin Ali - Finance, land development and natural resources management, Selangor state economic action council and strategic communications;
2. Teng Chang Khim - Investment, industrialisation and trade, and small and medium industries;
3. Amirudin Shari - Empowerment of young generation and sports, entrepreneur development, rural and traditional village development;
4. V Ganabatirau - Socio-economic empowerment and development, and caring government;
5. Izham Hashim - Infrastructure and public utilities, modernisation of agriculture and agro-based industries;
6. Abdul Rashid Asari - Culture and tourism, Malay customs and heritage;
7. Dr Shaharuddin Badaruddin - Islamic religious affairs, education, human capital development, science, technology and innovation;
8. Ng Sze Han - Local government, public transport and new village development;
9. Haniza Mohamed Talha - Housing and urban living;
10. Dr Siti Mariah Mahmud - Health, welfare, women and family empowerment;
11. Hee Loy Sian - Environment, green technology and consumer affairs.
Seven of the councillors (fifth to eleventh on the list) are new faces. All the councillors were sworn in before the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, at Istana Alam Shah in Klang last Monday.
Mohamed Azmin said new faces made up 70 percent of the line-up of state executive councillors, and added that new resources and ideas were necessary because Selangor was a progressive and dynamic state.
“We will continue to work hard to ensure the development of Selangor and the well-being of the people,” he said.
Asked about the previous councillors who were dropped, such as Ean Yong Hian Wah, Elizabeth Wong and Dr Daroyah Alwi, Mohamed Azmin said it was normal for a reshuffle after every general election.
He also said that all the state executive councillors would execute the trust and responsibility placed in them through the huge mandate given by the people of Selangor in the general election.
Pakatan Harapan won 51 of the 56 seats in the Selangor legislative assembly in the general election on May 9. The BN won four seats and PAS, one.
Unrestrained power in your hands
For almost 20 years, Malaysiakini has stayed true to the cause of providing the Malaysian public with the truth. We believe that with unadulterated information, the people will obtain power to make informed decisions.
Decisions which lead to a healthy, robust nation - ours!
Keep the truth alive. Support your robust, independent media. You have the unrestrained power to do so.
Who says it's not our fault?
We aren’t trained to take responsibility.
Everytime we observe an injustice - and choose to keep mum - the prevalence of injustice becomes our fault.
Astute journalism paves the way for the public to be continuously furnished with the fastidious truth. You are continuously empowered to act and to uphold the integrity of the nation.
The Rakyat owns Malaysiakini
We choose to take a risk on independent media because we believe that only through independent reporting can one be NOT beholden to the interest of businesses or organisations. This allows us to really pursue the truth - aggressively.
Independent for 20 years.
The victorious people
In the light of holding the truth to power, Malaysiakini will continue to uphold its mission of providing credible news to its discerning public. Your support for Malaysiakini is always treasured as a testament of innate nationalism. Your victory is our history.
Quietly. Effectively. Says it all. Malaysiakini.
Speaking truth to power
When we embarked on this journey 20 years ago, we knew we would face intimidation, harassment, raids, arrests and perhaps even jail terms. We got into this venture with our eyes wide open.
The main reason we have survived this long - when many others have folded - is partly because we are prudent in our finances. But while we may be tightfisted in our budgeting, we do not hold back when it comes to speaking truth to power and holding power to account. And certainly, this new administration will not stop us from continuing to do so.