Most Read
Most Commented
Adib's final journey
Published:  Dec 18, 2018 5:46 AM
Updated: 9:32 AM

PHOTO ESSAY | At 9.41pm last night, Muhammad Adib Mohd Kassim breathed his last at the National Heart Institute (IJN).

The 24-year old firefighter was part of the Fire and Rescue Department team deployed in response to vehicles torched by rioters outside the Seafield Sri Maha Mariamman Temple in Subang Jaya on Nov 27.

According to the police, he was dragged out of the vehicle and assaulted.

Adib was to be married this month. His remains were flown by helicopter from the Airod facility in Subang to his hometown in Kampung Tebengau, Kuala Kedah.

Below are photographs of his final journey.

An ambulance leaving the National Heart Institute carrying Adib's remains to the National Institute of Forensic Medicine (NIFM) at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for postmortem.

Hundreds of well-wishers among colleagues and friends gathered at the Airod facility in Subang waiting for the arrival of Fire and Rescue Department hearse.

Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad and wife Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali paid their last respects to Adib before flying the body from the Airod facility to Kedah and to be buried in Kampung Tebengau, Kuala Kedah.

Colleagues and friends in tears during the prayers at the Airod facility.

An emotional farewell for Adib's fiancee.

Salute to the fallen national hero as members of the Fire and Rescue Department dressed in full uniform carrying the casket draped with the national flag.

All strapped and ready to fly home for Adib in Kuala Kedah.

A helicopter carrying the remains of Adib heading to Kuala Kedah for burial in his hometown.

Mahathir and Siti Hasmah stood side by side with the members of the Fire and Rescue Department as the helicopter leaves the facility in Subang for Kuala Kedah.



Adib to be awarded posthumous promotion

Kedah gov't to identify assistance for Adib's family

Almost a thousand gather to honour slain firefighter

Remains of Muhammad Adib flown to Kedah by helicopter

View Comments