The Kuala Lumpur City Hall has cleared about 400 stalls in an illegal Ramadan bazaar along Lorong Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
In a statement today, DBKL said that the stalls were left standing despite being ordered to shut by Sunday morning.
Enforcement officers were then deployed around 3.30pm to instruct traders to pack up their stalls, as they were operating without permits.
"No Ramadan bazaar traders are allowed to operate businesses on Lorong Tuanku Abdul Rahman," DBKL said.
No untoward incident was recorded, but a video of the traders packing up their stalls under the watch of authorities has been circulating on social media.
The annual Ramadan bazaar in the area had been relocated to Jalan Raja following complaints from business owners along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and Jalan Masjid India.
The business owners complained that the stalls blocked the road to their premises, and that a sea of rubbish was created due to the increased activity in the area.
Yesterday, Bukit Bintang Bersatu chief Zailani Isausuludin said in an open letter that Federal Territories Minister Khalid Abdul Samad should allow traders to continue operating on Lorong Tuanku Abdul Rahman.
"It's only two days away from Hari Raya, just give them a chance," the letter says.
"They are not criminals, we shouldn't treat them like that (being chased away by authorities).
"Did you intentionally do this to shame the prime minister, to make them livid with you?"
Meanwhile, Dang Wangi police chief Rudy Abdullah told Malaysiakini that police monitored the clearing operation, which ended without incident.
He also urged the people not to buy into any rumours about the operation.