News Malaysiakini

Five released, Haziq and Anwar's aide still in detention

Published:  |  Modified:

Five of those arrested together with Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz in connection with the sex video case have been released, according to federal CID director Huzir Mohamed.

He said the five, who were detained on Sunday, were released after their remand orders expired.

"They were released yesterday," he added, according to the Star Online.

The six-day remand order for Haziq, who is the former Santubong PKR Youth chief, is slated to expire tomorrow.

Yesterday, the court reduced the remand order for the other five to four days.

Meanwhile, Huzir said PKR president Anwar Ibrahim's political secretary, Farhash Wafa Salvador, is still in detention.

Farhash, who is also the Perak PKR chief, was part of the second wave of arrests. He was detained along with two other suspects in Pasir Gudang, Johor on Tuesday.

Yesterday, Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador said investigations revealed the existence of a “wicked pact” to embarrass and tarnish Azmin's reputation.

He also said that a leader of a political party was the mastermind behind the sex video.

According to the police chief, the video is most likely authentic but the facial recognition process failed to establish if the minister was one of the two men recorded engaging in sexual acts.

Previously, Haziq admitted to being the person in the video and claimed that the other man was Azmin.

Share this story

OR

Welcome back,

Your subscription expires on
  

Your subscription will expire soon, kindly renew before
  

Your subscription is expired
  Click here to renew

You are not subscribed to any subscription package
  Click here to subscribe now

Any questions?
  Email: [email protected]
  Call: +603-777-00000

Renew