Malaysiakini
NEWS

Rude shock for nine-year-old as subsidised phone catches fire

Kow Gah Chie

Published
Modified 16 Jun 2021, 10:50 am

A nine-year-old boy had a rude shock when a subsidised mobile phone provided under the Jaringan Prihatin programme caught fire during an online class on Monday.

The boy's aunt Suryani Abd Ghani took to Facebook to vent her frustration.

"Luckily we were at home, otherwise the house might have burnt down," she said...

Already Subscribed? Sign In
All Access Plan
from ~RM12 / month
Unlimited access to our articles
Comment on all our stories
Gift articles to your friends
Secure and Encrypted
Student or Senior Citizen? Get a special rateGroup / Institutional / Corporate Plans