mk-logo
News
Covid-19 (Sept 26): 13,104 new cases, lowest in 66 days
Published:  Sep 26, 2021 7:43 AM
Updated: 12:23 PM

COVID-19 | The Health Ministry reported 13,104 new Covid-19 cases, bringing the cumulative infections to 2,198,235.

The number of fresh infections today is the lowest in 66 days.

West Malaysia made up 9,079 of the new cases, or 69.3 percent, while the Borneo states contributed 4,025 or 30.7 percent.

In Peninsular Malaysia, the Klang Valley was responsible for 1,852 (20.4 percent) of the new infections while the remaining 7,227 (79.6 percent) came from the other states.

Sarawak topped the chart with 2,943 fresh infections.

Active cases and reported deaths will only be released after midnight. For yesterday's figures, click here.

The fresh infections today comprised 11,895 Malaysians (90.8 percent) and 1,209 non-citizens (9.2 percent).

The 13,104 new cases today was surpassed by a total of 20,971 Covid-19 patients who recovered today. This is expected to help reduce the number of active cases.

  • Patients in ICU: 1,058 (850 confirmed; 208 suspected)
  • Intubated: 580 (365 confirmed; 215 probable)

As of today, the number of Covid-19 patients (including suspected ones) in the intensive care unit (ICU) is 11.2 percent lower compared to a week ago.

Those who require intubation have also declined by 12.4 percent from a week ago.

New cases by states

Sarawak (2,943)
Selangor (1,558)
Johor (1,455)
Kelantan (1,206)
Sabah (1,078)
Perak (994)
Penang (955)
Kedah (721)
Terengganu (685)
Pahang (604)
Malacca (362)
Kuala Lumpur (270)
Negeri Sembilan (165)
Perlis (80)
Putrajaya (24)
Labuan (4)


Clusters

To date, 1,185 Covid-19 clusters are still active, including 12 new clusters reported today.

The ongoing clusters have fallen by 12.1 percent from the 1,348 active clusters a week ago.

The 12 new clusters today comprised six workplaces (50.0 percent) and six communities (50.0 percent).

Industri Jalan P/1A
Category: Workplace
States: Selangor
District(s): Hulu Langat
Initial tests: 14 out of 166 infected (8.4 percent)

Industri Jalan Kachau Batu 28
Category: Workplace
States: Selangor
District(s): Hulu Langat
Initial tests: 29 out of 34 infected (85.3 percent)

Tapak Bina Jalan Semenyih
Category: Workplace
States: Selangor
District(s): Hulu Langat dan Gombak
Initial tests: 110 out of 375 infected (29.3 percent)

Tapak Bina Jalan Kulai
Category: Workplace
States: Johor
District(s): Kota Tinggi
Initial tests: 37 out of 168 infected (22.0 percent)

Persiaran Pelangi Indah
Category: Workplace
States: Johor
District(s): Johor Bahru
Initial tests: 14 out of 59 infected (23.7 percent)

Jalan Chenderik
Category: Workplace
States: Kuala Lumpur
District(s): Titiwangsa dan Cheras
Initial tests: 12 out of 41 infected (29.3 percent)

Kampung Kubang Bunut Kasar
Category: Community
States: Kelantan
District(s): Pasir Mas
Initial tests: 5 out of 5 infected (100.0 percent)

Kampung Gual Pasir
Category: Community
States: Kelantan
District(s): Pasir Mas
Initial tests: 6 out of 7 infected (85.7 percent)

Kampung Inoi
Category: Community
States: Pahang
District(s): Rompin
Initial tests: 27 out of 93 infected (29.0 percent)

Sungai Poh
Category: Community
States: Sarawak
District(s): Limbang
Initial tests: 44 out of 47 infected (93.6 percent)

Jalan Ann Chuan
Category: Community
States: Johor
District(s): Tangkak
Initial tests: 9 out of 17 infected (52.9 percent)

Ulu Rengat
Category: Community
States: Perak
District(s): Hulu Perak
Initial tests: 8 out of 27 infected (29.6 percent)

Show your support for robust journalism

Millions depend on Malaysiakini for the truth. Millions depend on Malaysiakini for quality journalism. Millions depend on Malaysiakini to stand in honour of integrity and justice.

Without a mafia owner to dictate our journalism; free from political or commercial influence, Malaysiakini has only one boss - you, the rakyat.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your love for our country, your trust and respect in us to do our job in holding the powerful to account. We depend on your subscription to protect the sanctity of our journalism. Thank you.

Malaysiakini Team

Read more like this :
View Comments
Most Read
Most Commented
Most Recent