Court rejects bid for second post-mortem on dead detainee
The Kuala Lumpur High Court today dismissed an application to compel the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) to conduct a post-mortem on Ho Kwai See, who
died
on Aug 4 while being held in Sungai Buloh prison on a drug-related charge.
Judicial commissioner Wan Afrah Wan Ibrahim said the plaintiff had failed to satisfy the requirements under the Special Relief Act 1950 for the court to order UUMC to perform the post-mortem.
Kwai See's brother, Kooi Sang, had applied for the order as he was not satisfied with the findings of the first post-mortem done at Kuala Lumpur Hospital.
The report said Kwai See, a 28-year-old coconut trader, had died of a 'perforated ulcer', but the family suspected he had been assaulted as there were bruises on his body.
For the rest of this story and more, subscribe for only RM150 a year. If you're already a subscriber, please sign in.
Sign in Subscribe now