DBKL does not permit Petaling Street rally on Saturday
Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) will not allow a rally to be held in Petaling Street or any other areas which could disrupt public peace, said Mayor Mhd Amin Nordin Abd Aziz.
He said if anyone wanted to hold a rally, it should be held at a strategic location such as Padang Merbok or the Merdeka Stadium.
“It definitely cannot be held in Petaling Street and I will not allow anyone to gather there... it is against the law. If you want to gather, it must be in a suitable location and you must apply for a permit,” he told Bernama today.
He was asked to comment on a proposal by certain parties to organise a rally in Petaling Street here this Saturday as a protest against foreigners who traded there including selling prohibited and fake products.
Mhd Amin said he did not know about the rally, and DBKL had not yet received any notice from the organisers for a request for permit to hold the rally in the city.
When contacted, Kuala Lumpur police chief Tajuddin Md Isa also said there had been no requests from any party to organise the rally.
- Bernama
For more news and views that matter, subscribe and support independent media for only RM0.36 sen a day:
Subscribe now