NEWS

Sabah Water Dept director not back at work, gov't clarifies

Published
Modified 17 Oct 2016, 11:30 am

The Sabah government today denied that the Sabah Water Department director arrested for graft is back at work.

A Chief Minister's Office spokesperson said the director was suspended from duty and the notice was issued last week, Utusan Malaysia reported.

"What was reported is inaccurate," he reportedly said.

According to Sabah state secretary Sukarti Wakiman, the department's director and deputy director were suspended effective from the dates of their arrests, Oct 5 and 4 respectively, Bernama reported.

Share this story

Comments

By posting a comment, you agree to our Terms & Conditions as stipulated in full here

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Foul language, profanity, vulgarity, slanderous, personal attack, threatening, sexually-orientated comments or the use of any method of communication that may violate any law or create needless unpleasantness will not be tolerated. Antisocial behaviour such as "spamming" and "trolling" will be suspended. Violators run the risk of also being blocked permanently.

REPORT VIOLATORS

Please use the report feature that is available below each comment to flag offending comments for our moderators to take action. Do not take matters in your own hands to avoid unpleasant and unnecessary exchanges that may result in your own suspension or ban.