KINI ROUNDUP | Here are the key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
Saiful vouches for Azmin
Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, who had accused PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim of sodomy, supported the party's deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali as a prime ministerial candidate.
PKR Wanita Chief Zuraida Kamaruddin, however, said Saiful was merely trying to pit Pakatan Harapan parties against one another with his suggestion.
In a statement from behind bars, Anwar reminded Harapan's four component parties ahead of the convention that the coalition's strength lies in the 'voice of the people'.
In another statement, Anwar also urged the government to not oppose his legal challenge against laws that removed the need for royal assent for bills to be passed.
PAS and PKR in Anwar's stronghold of Permatang Pauh are both urging voters not to vote for the other.
Harapan won't announce PM candidate 'yet'
Harapan chairperson Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the coalition will announce its PM candidate 'after' its national convention this Sunday, and before the 14th general elections.
Shah Alam MP Khalid Samad denied that Azmin, whose name has been touted as one of the potential PM candidates, will contest in his parliamentary seat in GE14.
PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang said he has forgiven Mahathir for branding him a 'traitor' and an 'infidel', but said the latter should repent and seek forgiveness from God.
Mahathir, in an open letter, accused government-owned Utusan Malaysia of publishing an erroneous report which quoted him as branding state religious leaders (mufti) as 'infidels'.
Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin slammed Mahathir for claiming that Putrajaya's national transformation plan 2050 (TN50) had copied his own Vision 2020.
Other Kinibites
Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak announced that the government has appointed an external audit firm to do the forensic auditing of the Kuala Lumpur Vertical City project which involves Felda-owned land.
Former Felda chairperson Mohd Isa Samad was questioned by Bukit Aman police over the controversial land transfer.
Bank Negara Malaysia acquired 22.58 hectares of land from the government for RM2 billion for the relocation of its university and research academy.
Former attorney-general Abu Talib Othman said a Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) is not necessary for the Memali incident, as the police are capable of providing answers.
A couple who sued the Federal Territory Islamic Affairs Department (Jawi) for detaining them for close proximity last year withdrew their suit, citing financial difficulties.
Looking ahead
The Election Commission's hearing for objections on the redelineation process in Selangor continues.
