Most Read
Most Commented
After two charges, C4 highlights Ku Nan's role in another land deal
Published:  Jan 22, 2019 5:57 PM
Updated: 10:05 AM

C4 Center wants former federal territories minister Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor to be investigated over the land deal relating to the development of the Taman Rimba Kiara green lung in Kuala Lumpur.

The anti-graft NGO's executive director Cynthia Gabriel said it had analysed the ownership structure of Memang Perkasa Sdn Bhd (MPSB) which is developing the land in a joint venture with Yayasan Wilayah Persekutuan (YWP) and found potential conflicts of interest involving the former minister.

She noted that one "Rosmanira Junoh" has an effective interest of 19.09 percent in MPSB, while also being involved with Dataran Hartajaya Sdn Bhd through Aman Ikhtisas Sdn Bhd.

Gabriel added that Aman Ikhtisas owned 33.3 percent of Dataran Hartajaya while the remaining 66.7 percent is owned by Tadmansori Holding Sdn Bhd of which the majority shareholder is Tengku Adnan.

Tengku Adnan was also YWP chairperson by virtue of his position as federal territories minister. YWP is the charity arm of the Federal Territories Ministry.

"The connection between Tengku Adnan and the directors of these companies will raise queries as to a serious conflict of interest in the dealings.

"C4 urges the MACC to investigate YWP and Tengku Adnan for their involvement in the land deals," she said.

Criminal charges laid against Tengku Adnan had suggested that Tadmansori was his business vehicle.

The former minister was charged in November last year with accepting RM2 million from developer Aset Kayamas Sdn Bhd while having dealings with the company. The amount was paid into the bank account of Tadmansori Sdn Bhd.

He was also charged with allegedly accepting a RM1 million bribe to increase the lot ratio of development along Jalan Semarak by Paragon City Development Sdn Bhd.

Gabriel noted that Taman Rimba Kiara initially belonged to the state comprising 0.6 acres where a Hindu temple is located, 4.4 acres of longhouses and 20 acres of a park.

"In 2014, YWP somehow procured the issuance of a title to itself (PT 9244) for 12 acres out of the 25 acres. This was a purported transfer of state land to YWP.

"This development involves building eight blocks of 42 to 54 storey high-end service apartments which will be known as Pavilion Taman Tun and building only one 29-storey block of 350 units for the current residents of the Bukit Kiara longhouse community.

"While the TTDI residents agree with the affordable housing project for the longhouse residents who have been waiting for it since the 1970s, they are opposed to the development of the high-end service apartments," she said.

Gabriel said there are questions as to why YWP, as a charitable foundation, would be involved in a joint-venture luxury project.

She also urged the current Pakatan Harapan government to disclose information relating to the project in the interest of transparency, including the circumstances of the deal.

"C4 further reasserts our call for greater scrutiny over the sale of government assets and property and demand the right to know and the right to greater information over the dealings of government procurement and sales of property," she said.

View Comments