Malaysiakini NEWS

Son's drug case: Mat Sabu leaves it to the law

Bernama  |  Published:

Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu today said he leaves it to the process of law to determine the outcome of his son’s court case for drug abuse.

“I leave it to the legal practitioners. There are no comments (on the charge),” he said to reporters at the lobby of the Parliament today.

In a written reply to the Dewan Rakyat on April 4, the Home Ministry said investigations into the case involving a minister’s son had been sent to the Attorney-General’s Chambers and he is expected to be charged in court soon.

On Jan 5, the media reported that Mohamad’s son, Ahmad Saiful Islam, was one of two men detained in a police operation at an entertainment centre in Jalan Ampang.

The 31-year-old man was detained with his friend, 33, after they were found to be positive for ganja.

Mohamad had previously been reported to say that his son was the same as other people and subject to the country’s laws.

- Bernama

Share this story

OR

Welcome back,

Your subscription expires on
  

Your subscription will expire soon, kindly renew before
  

Your subscription is expired
  Click here to renew

You are not subscribed to any subscription package
  Click here to subscribe now

Any questions?
  Email: [email protected]
  Call: +603-777-00000

Renew