KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Umno supreme council member Lokman Adam Noor and MIC central working committee member N Gobalakrishnan were arrested for obstructing police officers who had come to Lokman's house to follow up on investigations involving the sex videos targetting Economic Affairs Minister Mohamed Azmin Ali.
2. Political aide Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz, who confessed to being in the video, earlier lodged a police report against netizens and cyber troopers, citing safety concerns.
3. Meanwhile, de facto Islamic Affairs Minister Mujahid Yusof Rawa said that the launching of a syariah probe into the sex video would depend on where the alleged offence occurred.
4. Badminton legend Lee Chong Wei officially hung up his racket, after 19 years as a professional, saying he was no longer fit enough for high-intensity sports. He also penned a touching open letter to his fans.
6. Najib Abdul Razak’s lawyers tried to review the status of Ismee Ismail as a witness in the former prime minister’s SRC International corruption trial.
7. The Defence Ministry lodged a report with the MACC over the purchase of six helicopters worth more than RM300 million in 2015, which has yet to be received by the Malaysian Armed Forces.
8. Telekom Malaysia Bhd appointed Noor Kamarul Anuar Nuruddin as its new group chief executive officer, effective yesterday.
9. Two oil tankers were hit in suspected attacks in the Gulf of Oman and their crew members were evacuated, following a similar incident in which four tankers in the region were struck.