KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Controversial preacher Dr Zakir Naik served defamation letter of demands against three Malaysian politicians and a retired diplomat over their commentaries calling for his deportation.
3. Former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak's 1MDB trial was pushed to next week to allow the defence team to study documents served on them and because of a separate graft trial involving SRC International.
5. DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng said the failure to shut down the Lynas Malaysia Sdn Bhd plant in Gebeng proved claims that his party was controlling the government untrue.
6. Troubled national carrier Malaysia Airlines received an additional RM300 million injection from Khazanah Nasional Berhad.
7. Handing over the management of Pulau Sipadan to Sabah was among several decisions made by the special cabinet committee to review the implementation of the Malaysia Agreement 1963.
8. Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad, in anticipation of Brexit, urged the United Kingdom to break ranks with Europe on boycotting palm oil.
9. Deputy Women, Family and Community Development Minister Hannah Yeoh called on the Attorney-General's Chambers to decide on the alleged rape case against her DAP colleague Paul Yong.