Defence Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob today outlined the standard operating procedures (SOP) for the total lockdown that will come into force next Tuesday (June 1), which mostly resemble what was enforced during the first movement control order (MCO 1.0) in March last year.
The total lockdown will see most economic and social sectors closed except for essential services while the movement of people will also be curbed.
The general outline of the “total lockdown” SOP is as follows:
- Only two persons per household may leave the house. A third person from the household will be allowed to travel for medical and emergency reasons.
- Leaving the house is only allowed for work (essential service), and to purchase food, medicine and basic necessities.
- Two per vehicle for taxi and e-hailing vehicles.
- No travel beyond 10km allowed. If getting medical services that are not present in the radius, one can travel to the next nearest one beyond the 10km radius.
- Jogging and individual exercise allowed in the...