The current movement control order (MCO) has been extended until June 28.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the SOPs will still be the same as the ones currently in force.
"Since all the positive/negative lists and standard operating procedures are the same as before, I hope there is no more confusion in the enforcement of the SOPs.
"I don't want the public to be affected by a wrong interpretation of the rules by the authorities," he said.
Ismail Sabri said the decision to extend the lockdown was made following presentations by the Health Ministry at the NSC meeting chaired by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin today.
The ministry had recommended a two-week extension of the lockdown.
"The decision was made after taking into account the daily new cases that are still high and exceed 5,000 cases per day, with 6,871 cases reported yesterday," Ismail said.
READ MORE: 'Total lockdown' SOP: What you need to know
On May 28, the Prime Minister's Office had announced a three-phased lockdown to curb the growing Covid-19 outbreak, starting with a 14-day total lockdown.
If the first phase is successful, the second phase would see the reopening of certain economic sectors that do not involve large gatherings and where physical distancing can be maintained.
The first phase was supposed to last 14 days from June 1 to June 14 while the second phase was supposed to be for four weeks after the first phase ends.
The third phase would be similar to the movement control order that was in force before the lockdown began which was less strict.
"However, the decision to move from one phase to the next is subject to risk assessments by the Health Ministry.
"The evaluation will be made based on developments in the daily number of cases and the capacity of hospitals nationwide to treat Covid-19 patients," the PMO said at the time.
UUM campus comes under Emco
Ismail also announced that Universiti Utara Malaysia's campus in Sintok, Kedah, would come under an enhanced MCO following a Covid-19 outbreak among the campus' residents.
Eighteen cases have been reported so far out of 208 people screened.
"The Health Ministry also found cases are spreading with high infectivity among students in the locality," he said.
The order will be in force from June 13 until June 26.
Several places in Sabah are also coming under an enhanced MCO for the same period.
In Kampung Kadazan, Tawau, Ismail said 14 cases have been detected out 45 people tested, meaning a high tests positivity rate of 31.11 percent.
The other places coming under an enhanced MCO are Kampung Lobu 1 and Kampung Bukit Permai in Kota Kinabalu, and Taman Villa Felcra Nambazan, Penampang.
Meanwhile, the enhanced MCO in force for the following areas will be lifted at the end of tomorrow:
- Kuala Terengganu (except the sub-districts of Bukit Besar and Serada, where the enhanced MCO has been extended until June 26).
- Taman Pertama, Taman Serendah, and Taman Prima in Sabak Bernam, Selangor.
- Rimong anak Kilat Longhouse, Asin anak Aji Longhouse, Bija anak Unggang Longhouse, and Undum anak Anchih Longhouse in Mukah, Sarawak.
- Taman Sinar Harapan in Tampoi, Johor Bahru.
- Kampung Pasir Putih Blok B, PPR Taman Sri Balung, and Kampung Baru Pasir Putih in Tawau, Sabah.
Further details on today's extension announcement can be found at the National Security Council's (NSC) website here.