China remains committed to search for MH370

comments     Niam Seet Wei, Bernama     Published     Updated

MH370 China has once again reiterated its commitment to work closely with the Malaysian and Australian governments in the search for missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) MH370 aircraft.

The Chinese government would be actively involved in the search and investigation, and work towards tracking down the whereabouts of the aircraft and passengers on board, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei told a regular press briefing in Beijing today.

He said the Australian government, together with many other countries and  international organisations had provided significant support and assistance to the search for the vanished MH370 jetliner since its disappearance on March 8, last year.

China expressed deep appreciation and gratitude for the efforts made by Australia, he added.

The Australia-based Joint Agency Coordination Centre on Jan 30 said it was committed to searching for the missing MH370 aircraft.

Its announcement came a day after the Malaysian Government said that MH370 was officially declared an accident under international rules, and that all 239 passengers, mostly Chinese, and crew on board were presumed to have lost their lives.

The Boeing 777-200ER, which left the KL International Airport was scheduled to land in Beijing at 6.30am.

Its flight path was believed to have ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

- Bernama



Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In