Most Read
Most Commented
Read more like this
mk-logo
News
Rahman Dahlan: I didn't say charge sheet existed
Published:  Aug 18, 2015 10:48 AM
Updated: 11:24 AM

BN strategic communication director Abdul Rahman Dahlan has denied confirming the existence of a charge sheet against Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak.

This is in reference to his interview with The Star Online where he reportedly said Najib had to "take people out" when asked about the alleged charge sheet.

"In the interview, I never said the charge sheet existed as alleged by DAP leaders," he said in a Twitter posting.

Abdul Rahman, when asked about the charge sheet in the interview, had said: "Given that scenario what would you do? You would take drastic action wouldn't you?"

"Okay, take these people out first, so that things would get back to normalcy and see what would happen next.

"If you could appreciate that scenario then you would understand the flurry of action taken by the prime minister".

This had prompted the opposition, including DAP, to accuse Abdul Rahman of admitting that Najib had engaged in criminal wrongdoing by obstructing investigations.

Among the alleged interference include police harassment of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and the transfer of its officers as well as the dismantling of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).

The MACC was investigating SRC International and the RM2.6 billion deposited into Najib's personal bank accounts while the PAC was investigating 1MDB.

Abdul Rahman said while some view this as interfering in investigations, another theory was that there are those out to criminalise the prime minister.

In the interview, Abdul Rahman had also alluded to the serious repercussions had the alleged charge sheet been served.

"You must remember these are very dynamic situations so God forbid if that draft charge sheet was actually served – can you imagine what would happen?" he was quoted as saying.

Abdul Rahman in a separate twitter posting accused DAP of twisting his interview "beyond recognition".

"DAP leaders should reread the article again before making unfounded allegations of which they are well known for," he said.

The alleged draft charge sheet was published by Sarawak Report shortly after attorney-general Abdul Gani Patail was removed last month.

The alleged charge sheet accused Najib of receiving RM42 million from state-owned SRC International.

Abdul Gani was overseeing the special task force comprising the police, MACC, Bank Negara and Attorney-General's Chambers which was looking into the allegation against Najib.

However, the task force was disbanded after Mohamed Apandi Ali was appointed to replace Abdul Gani.

The MACC is still continuing on with the investigation on its own despite the special task force's dissolution.

Related reports

Najib: What 'failed state?' M’sia’s top of the class

Universal human rights not for us: PM

KL Mayor: Dataran Merdeka off limits for Bersih 4

Ahmad Awang named new Islamist party's adviser

Two career paths and what they tell of Umno

'No' to National Stadium for Bersih rally

S'wak polls after state budget in November?

'Rehashing' does not answer queries to 1MDB

Bending the law in Bolehland

We have the potential to become a failed state

Kit Siang's Sept 16 hope for new Pakatan

Najib now seeks help from retirees

Ku Li: I'm not that 'old man' in topple plot

Who’s mystery man behind the ‘donation’?

Much to probe from minister’s revelations

Thanks for confirming ‘charge sheet’ story

Dr M is right, cash is king for Najib

Bare all first, then we look at funding reform

EC holds hearing on 'dubious' voters

Wan Adnan, how ridiculous can you get?

View Comments