Azalina rubbishes allegation of plot against MB

comments     Published     Updated

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Azalina Othman Said has dismissed the allegation of a plot being hatched against Johor Menteri Besar Khaled Nordin.

In a Twitter posting, she said: "The issue of changing the Johor MB has never arose".

"The Johor MB is not like the former Kedah MB," she added in reference to Mukhriz Mahathir who was forced to resign his post as Kedah menteri besar.

Azalina was responding to the son of Johor state assembly speaker Mohamad Aziz who claimed that a deputy minister is plotting against Khaled.

"There is a movement by a deputy minister to cut down Khaled.

"The movement will apparently install this deputy minister as the new menteri besar on behalf of (Prime Minister) Najib (Abdul) Razak to monitor and control Johor Umno," wrote Shukur Mohamad on Facebook .

Apart from this, he also claimed there is another plot, involving a large sum of money, to remove former deputy prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin as Pagoh Umno division chairperson.

On Feb 3, following two weeks of political turmoil in Kedah, Mukhriz resigned after being informed by the regency council that he lost the confidence of the majority of the state's assemblypersons.

Since then, Mukhriz has joined his father, former premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad, in openly criticising the prime minister.

Both father and son also inked the Citizens’ Declaration calling for Najib’s removal.



Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In