Pakatan Harapan's victory in the 14th general election last week triggered a whirlwind of events following Dr Mahathir Mohamad's installation as prime minister.
There have been cabinet positions filled, internal arguments, resignations and a major comeback.
Malaysiakini has compiled a list of major events in the past week.
- Mahathir is sworn in as the country's 7th prime minister
- A Council of Eminent Persons is formed
- Lim Guan Eng, Muhyiddin Yassin, and Mohamad Sabu are named for three top cabinet posts
- Former prime minister Najib Abdul Razak and wife Rosmah Mansor are barred from leaving the country
- Najib resigns as Umno and BN chief
- Mahathir instructs Inland Revenue Board to return taxes collected 'illegally'
- Attorney-general Mohamed Apandi Ali goes on unrecorded leave, duties taken over by solicitor-general
- MACC chief Dzulkifli Ahmad resigns
- Treasurer general Irwan Serigar Abdullah's contract shortened, transferred to Public Service Department
- Mahathir says laws on fake news will be clearly defined
- Mahathir says political appointments in government linked companies will be reviewed
- Audit Department declassifies its 1MDB report
- Council of Eminent Persons sets up a committee on institutional reforms
- Apandi Ali, Irwan Serigar, Dzulkifli and former IGP Khalid Abu Bakar barred from leaving the country
- Anwar Ibrahim is freed from prison after receiving full pardon
- 1MDB president Arul Kanda Kandasamy is also barred from leaving the country
- Police search Najib's house
- Government announces GST will be zero-rated effective June 1 zero-rated
- Mahathir to sack 17,000 political appointees from civil service
- Registrar of Societies approves Pakatan Harapan's registration.
- Ministries instructed to cease use of 1Malaysia slogan
- Kedai Rakyat 1Malaysia 2.0 (KR1M) programme ceased
- Board meetings of the Cooperatives Commission of Malaysia and committees which have political appointees to be postponed
- Mahathir appoints himself as education minister
- Police search at Najib's house continues
- Police arrest man for insulting Mahathir.
- Finance Ministry initiates fiscal reforms