KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Federal Court judge Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat is believed to be in the running to become the next chief justice, which will make her the first woman to lead the judiciary.
2. The Penang Road Transport Department was forced to get assistance from its counterpart in Perak after the MACC arrested 46 of its officers on suspicion of corruption.
5. A string of bombings on Easter Day in Sri Lanka left more than 200 people dead, with the death toll still climbing.
6. Former finance minister Daim Zainuddin, who led the renegotiation of the East Coast Rail Link project, said the Economic Planning Unit had warned former premier Najib Abdul Razak about the original deal, but it was ignored.
7. Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu promised that the new Ipoh mayor will not be a political appointee.
9. PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang called on PKR president Anwar Ibrahim to show proof of his claim that his party received funds from Umno.