Pakatan Harapan Youth will be filing a complaint against Umno with the Registrar of Societies for receiving RM212 million in 1MDB-linked funds.
This is amid speculation that the MACC's civil forfeiture suits to seize the sum from Umno is part of a plot to dissolve the party.
The coalition's youth chief Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman, who is also Bersatu Youth chief, said the ROS complaint will be made so that stern action can be taken against Umno.
"In the past, Bersatu was forced to disband by the ROS in the last moments before the 14th general election because of technical issues.
"In fact, Bersatu was not allowed to use its name and logo to contest in GE14.
"As such, on the principle of rule of law, the ROS must mete out stern punishment to Umno for receiving RM212 million in illicit funds as attested to by the MACC," he said in a statement today.
On April 5 last year, Bersatu was slapped with a temporary dissolution order for failing to submit documents requested by the ROS – two days before Parliament was dissolved to make way for the general election.
The ROS dropped the case after Pakatan Harapan emerged victorious in the polls and formed the federal government.
On Friday, the MACC announced it was seeking to seize RM270 million in funds linked to 1MDB.
This includes RM212 million to be seized from Umno, seven of its state chapters, and the Pekan division.
Acting Umno president Mohamad Hasan later said that his party would challenge the forfeiture suits in court.
Johor Umno chief Hasni Mohammad, meanwhile, said that Umno is prepared to start anew or have its members join an existing party should it be dissolved.