KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Transport Minister Anthony Loke said 2020 will be an important year for Malaysia as there will be key events, including the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) Summit and Visit Malaysia Year, which he hopes will allow people to feel the changes Putrajaya is pushing for.
2. The Utusan Malaysia branch of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) appealed for Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad's intervention to rescue the troubled newspaper.
3. PKR vice-president Zuraida Kamaruddin said party president Anwar Ibrahim should be magnanimous after he refused to hold a special meeting with her faction and asked that she attend regular party meetings if she wanted to negotiate.
5. MCA and Umno are jostling to contest the Tanjung Piai parliamentary seat following the passing of its Bersatu incumbent Dr Md Farid Md Rafik.
6. Lawyer P Uthayakumar wants the police to explain the shooting of three individuals in Rawang, saying that the injuries on them were inconsistent with a shootout as claimed by police.
7. PKR's Pasir Gudang MP Hassan Abdul Karim urged the government to bring Khazanah Nasional Berhad's divestment plan for debate in the Dewan Rakyat.