KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. The Health Ministry is having 19,200 beds on standby to prepare for the possibility of a surge in Covid-19 cases.
2. Health Ministry director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (above) also called for more medical professionals to volunteer in the fight against the pandemic.
3. To date, Malaysia has recorded 2,470 Covid-19 cases as at noon yesterday and 35 deaths.
4. The global death toll from Covid-19 exceeded 30,000 people while the death toll in Italy alone surpassed 10,000 people.
5. Noor Hisham said the majority of deaths involved those aged above 60 or had underlying illnesses and urged families to protect their elderly against Covid-19.
6. The Covid-19 relief cash aid will be paid out by the end of April.
7. Bersatu Youth chief Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman expressed concern that the RM600 wage subsidy won't be enough to prevent a wave of retrenchments.
8. An enhanced movement control order, which sees a complete lockdown, was imposed on seven villages in Hulu Langat after a quarter of residents at a religious school became infected with Covid-19.
9. The Edge said it is disappointed with senior minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob for falsely accusing the news organisation of producing fake news.
10. Deputy Youth and Sports Minister Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad Kamal denied he had betrayed Syed Saddiq and Bersatu chairperson Dr Mahathir Mohamad by joining the new government.
11. MCA lodged a formal complaint with Taiwan while DAP demanded an apology after a Taiwanese TV show made the false claim that bodies were being buried by the roadside as Malaysia cannot cope with the piling bodies from Covid-19 deaths.