KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Kota Samarahan MP Rubiah Wang became the third Dewan Rakyat member to be infected with Covid-19.
2. The Sarawak government also revealed that five of its ministers are in quarantine.
3. Chief Justice Tengku Maimun Tuan Mat advised judges to consider the issue of overcrowding when sentencing movement control order (MCO) violators after the Prisons Department complained that the spike in jailing risked causing Covid-19 outbreaks in prison.
4. Bersatu Youth is upset that a beer factory is allowed to operate during the MCO.
5. The police and army will enforce social distancing measures at Selayang market after eight Covid-19 cases were recorded at the venue.
6. Malaysian and Thai weightlifters were banned from participating in the Olympic Games in Tokyo after multiple doping offences.
7. Amanah accused PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang of using his position as a special envoy to the Middle East to mislead the Muslim world after he wrote a letter in Arabic berating the opposition.
8. The number of Covid-19 cases in the country climbed to 3,662 infections with the death toll at 61.
9. Health Ministry director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah urged patients to be truthful about their travel history, pointing out that a Covid-19 patient who returned from Italy had led to five deaths in Sarawak.
10. Some 200 Rohingya refugees landed in Langkawi.