KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed, in brief.
1. Gombak Umno indicated that it won't give a free pass to International Trade and Industry Minister Azmin Ali to defend his parliamentary seat, which he has held since 2008.
2. Court of Appeal judge Hamid Sultan Abu Backer, who alleged abuses and fraud in the judiciary, has been slapped with a show-cause letter.
3. The Health Ministry discovered a more contagious variant of virus in two Covid-19 clusters.
4. The number of Covid-19 patients in Intensive Care Units is now at the highest level since June.
5. PAS Youth called on the Perikatan Nasional government to recall its envoy to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) after the Middle East nation normalised ties with Israel.
6. Deputy Youth and Sports Minister Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad Kamal, who had promised to use his position to offer support letters in exchange for votes, won the position of Bersatu Youth chief in the party's inaugural election.
Rembau MP Khairy Jamaluddin said the issue of Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan eyeing to take over his parliamentary seat in the next general election will be resolved through "brotherly discussion".