Sarawak PKR names 35 candidates for May 7 battle

comments     Bede Hong     Published     Updated

SARAWAK POLLS Sarawak PKR chief Baru Bian today announced 35 candidates from the party who will contest in the May 7 state election.

The party is still in discussion on whether to contest an additional five seats, Baru told reporters in Kuching today.

When asked if it would entail clashes with its Pakatan Harapan coalition partners DAP and Amanah, he declined to confirm, saying the list would be finalised before nomination day.

DAP, which finalised its list of 29 candidates yesterday, had said it would adhere to the consensus reached with PKR's national leadership last week.

For the rest of this story and more, subscribe for only RM150 a year. If you're already a subscriber, please sign in.

Sign in Subscribe now


Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In