All three flood relief centres in Penang ceased operations today after the flood situation in the state, which was hit by a storm last Saturday, has fully recovered.
A spokesperson at the police flood operations room said two relief centres in Seberang Perai Utara (SPU) district and another one at Seberang Perai Tengah (SPT) district were closed from noon until 3 pm today.
"A total of 1,040 people from 243 families in four relief centres have returned to their homes after the flood waters have receded completely," he said here today.
Almost all areas in Penang were affected by floods with several areas submerged in between 0.2 and one metre of water, followed by strong winds and heavy rain since last Saturday, which also uprooted dozens of trees.
So far the floods, described as the worst in the state, have claimed seven lives in the state.
Meanwhile, the hundreds of victims are seeking refuge in Hulu Langat and Dengkil after flash floods in the two areas yesterday.
Selangor Fire and Rescue operations assistant director Mohd Sani Harul there were 189 victims this evening in Hulu Langat.
Over at Dengkil, some 200 families were affected by floods, according to Cyberjaya Fire and Rescue Department chief Izman Adnan.