COVID-19 | The Health Ministry recorded 4,519 new cases of Covid-19 today and 25 deaths.
The deaths tied with the previous record high, also 25 fatalities, on Feb 18.
Health Ministry director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah read out the stats in his first press conference since March 4.
- Active cases: 36,564
- Patients in ICUs: 393*
- Intubated: 210
[*Editor's note: This figure does not include "probable" or "suspected' Covid-19 cases. See here.]
The Klang Valley reported 2,279 cases today, of which 1,722 came from Selangor, followed by 557 new case in Kuala Lumpur.
Sarawak had the third highest cases (479), followed by Kelantan (373) and Penang (363).
With the 25 deaths, the national death toll rose to 1,657.
The new fatalities were recording in Sarawak (5), Kuala Lumpur (5), Selangor (4), Johor (4), Kelantan (2), Kedah (2) Penang (1), Perak (1), and Sabah (1)
The deceased were aged between 51 and 88.
For a detailed breakdown of the reported deaths today, please refer to our Covid-19 tracker site.
- Inter-district travel ban extended throughout the country
- Health DG: MCO 2.0 prevented cases from spiraling before social sectors re-opened
- MCO for six Penang areas, three Perak sub-districts, Kuantan
- Health DG: Hospitals out of beds soon, follow SOPs to buy us time
- 3-day closure for premises flagged by Hide; no Ramadan bazaars in MCO areas
- Covid-19 (May 8): 4,519 new cases, 25 deaths ties with highest record
- Govt lists over 150 Covid-19 hotspots, pre-emptive action needed
- Learn from India’s Covid-19 mistakes, says DG Hisham
- 'B.1.351 variant caused re-infection in patient who got Covid-19 last year'
- 'Closure of Hide-flagged premises will cause irreversible perception damage'