Economic Affairs Minister Azmin Ali has given a statement to the police over the sex videos purportedly implicating him.
His lawyer N Surendran confirmed that the police had contacted Azmin on Sunday, and that the minister had given a statement to the police yesterday.
"I refer to the investigations resulting from the police report lodged by the political secretary of Azmin, calling for an investigation into the circulation of the notorious fake sex videos.
"The videos are a slanderous and politically motivated attack upon him," Surendran said in a statement today.
Four sex videos, purportedly featuring Azmin, had been distributed via WhatsApp since June 12.
Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz claimed that he and Azmin were the two men in the clips.
Haziq also urged the MACC to investigate the minister for alleged corruption and claimed that Azmin was not fit to be a leader.
Surendran confirmed that the minister's office had been contacted by police on Sunday (June 16) for Azmin to record his statement as part of the investigation.
"Prioritising the matter, yesterday Azmin gave his statement to the police to assist them in their investigations."
Surendran blasted the videos as a false and malicious attack.
"There are obvious signs of an organised and systematic attempt to discredit and bring down the minister with this false and malicious attack.
"The perpetrators had access to leaked personal data of party members, sophisticated means and a clear political agenda," he said.
Surendran called on the police to get to the bottom of the issue soon and to identify and take action against the culprits according to the law.