KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. Yahaya Ismail, the author of a manuscript attacking Anwar Ibrahim, denied extorting money from the PKR president, claiming that he only wanted to give Anwar "a chance" to buy his writings.
2. Former SRC International Sdn Bhd director Suboh Md Yasin told the High Court in Kuala Lumpur that he fled to Bangkok in 2015 in fear of then prime minister Najib Abdul Razak.
4. PKR president Anwar Ibrahim said he concurred with Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad that there is no need for him to take on the post of deputy prime minister. It has been proposed that Anwar takes over the position from his wife Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail.
5. PKR Santubong Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz was sacked as the senior private secretary to Deputy Plantations and Primary Industries Minister Shamsul Iskandar Md Akin.
6. The parliamentary select committee on public appointments has postponed its interview with newly-minted MACC chief Latheefa Koya as she was "unavailable".
7. At least 15 people suffered breathing difficulties after Pasir Gudang was struck by yet another possible toxic gas leak.
9. Home Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said the government task force has been given six months to look into allegations of enforced disappearances.
10. Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he is unhappy that the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 had become a "political issue".
11. A police officer is facing an attempted murder probe after he shot at a motorcyclist for beating the red light.