MACC chief commissioner Latheefa Koya has asserted that the recent list of individuals and entities issued compounds for allegedly receiving monies from 1MDB, was not the final one.
Instead, she said the graft-busting agency was prioritising those who allegedly received big sums of money from the beleaguered sovereign wealth fund.
“The full list of those issued compounds is not exhaustive.
“The recent list is for individuals who received RM500,000 and above.
“[...] The criteria is the amount of money involved and nothing else,” she said in a statement today.
She claimed her statement came in the wake of claims the MACC dropped Bersatu’s Masjid Tanah MP Mas Ermieyati Samsudin from the initial list of those compounded.
“The Commission will take proper and organised actions, and will continue with steps to recover 1MDB funds that belong to the people, in stages (and) without siding with anyone,” she added.
Mas Ermieyati had left Umno in June, last year, before joining Bersatu in December.
On Monday, MACC had released the list, comprising 80 individuals and entities, to recover over RM420 million of 1MDB monies allegedly received by them.
Individuals named included former CIMB group chairperson Nazir Razak, who is also the brother of former premier Najib Razak, Umno Pontian MP Ahmad Maslan, Kota Baru Umno chief and former aide to Najib, Mohamad Fatmi Che Salleh, and former Felda chairperson Shahrir Samad.
Ahmad has denied receiving any cheques from 1MDB as claimed, while Nazir claimed to have acted in good faith.
The latter alleged he believed the RM25.7 million transferred by Najib to an account in the former’s name was “legitimate” and to be used for GE13 campaigning purposes.
Nazir promised to cooperate with authorities.