Three individuals, including two senior officials of Radio Television Malaysia (RTM), were remanded in custody on Oct 7 over allegations of misappropriation of Zakat Board funds intended for the purpose of producing a programme.
MACC director-general Latheefa Koya said the remand period for the two officers had been extended for five days starting last Thursday, while another was not connected to RTM.
“So far, 11 individuals have been called in to testify. The misappropriation of funds runs into tens of thousands of ringgit," she said, according to a report by Astro Awani.
She said this to reporters after attending the 54th Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (FAMA) anniversary celebration in conjunction with the MACC's 52nd Anniversary Campaign, at the Shah Alam Farmers Market today.
It is understood that the person who was not remanded was the husband of one of the RTM officers.
According to Awani's sources, the misappropriated funds were a provision of the Zakat Board for the production of programmes at RTM, but instead, they were put into individual personal accounts linked to one of the senior officials of the broadcasting agency.