Keadilan Youth chief Mohd Ezam Mohd Nor will be taking Malay daily Utusan Malaysia to court over an article which led the prosecution to charge him for making 'seditious' statement to a reporter in March last year.
Ezam gave instruction to sue on Thursday after Attorney General Abdul Gani Patail withdrew the charge preferred against him (Ezam) under the Sedition Act, said one of his lawyers Shamsul Iskandar Mohd Akin.
Shamsul said details of the suit has yet to be finalised. However, he told malaysiakini that the court action is likely to be a defamation suit claiming that the article published on the front page of its March 4, 2001 issue was not only baseless but also made in bad faith.
