Filipina girl at center of deportee row abused since 10: official
A Filipina girl at the center of a row between Manila and Kuala Lumpur was sexually abused even before her alleged rape recently at a Malaysian detention center, a Philippine official said Monday.
Malaysia is investigating a complaint by Philippines President Gloria Arroyo last week that the 13-year-old girl among thousands of Filipino illegals sent home by the Sabah authorities was raped, reportedly by a policeman at a detention center.
Filipino authorities have established that prior to the sexual assault at the detention center, she was also molested on the streets, Social Welfare Secretary Corazon Soliman said over local DZBB radio.
For the rest of this story and more, subscribe for only RM150 a year. If you're already a subscriber, please sign in.
Sign in Subscribe now