Proton sees second quarter loss of 19.7%

comments     Published     Updated

A fall in sales sent profits at Malaysian carmaker Proton tumbling almost 20 percent in the second quarter, the firm said Thursday, but said it was confident in the future after launching a new model.

Proton said net profits for the three months to the end of September were 65.9 million ringgit (21.04 million dollars), down from 82.1 million ringgit in the same period last year.

For the rest of this story and more, subscribe for only RM150 a year. If you're already a subscriber, please sign in.

Sign in Subscribe now


Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In