Most Read
Most Commented
Read more like this
mk-logo
News
Second victim succumbs to probable Sars
Published:  Apr 22, 2003 8:09 AM
Updated: Jan 29, 2008 10:21 AM

A 26-year-old man diagnosed as a probable Sars patient succumbed to the deadly virus early today after being hospitalised for more than two weeks, the Health Ministry said.

He is the second Malaysian to have died from the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (Sars), which has claimed at least 224 lives and infected more than 4,500 people worldwide.

The ministry said a post-mortem would be conducted o­n the man, who was hospitalised o­n April 5 in Penang. It is also awaiting post-mortem reports o­n two other deaths earlier this month to confirm if they are Sars-related.


Please join the Malaysiakini WhatsApp Channel to get the latest news and views that matter.

Unlocking Article
Unlocking Article
ADS