Most Read
Most Commented
Read more like this
mk-logo
News
Health Ministry: Sars contained
Published:  May 7, 2003 8:13 AM
Updated: Jan 29, 2008 10:21 AM

The Health Ministry said today it has done an "excellent" job in containing the Sars outbreak and warned the public not to spread gloom as two more suspected cases were reported.

"We should give ourselves a pat o­n the back because we o­nly have seven probable cases so far and none of our healthcare workers are infected," health ministry deputy director-general Ismail Merican told reporters.

"It shows that our preventive and control measures are more or less excellent."


Please join the Malaysiakini WhatsApp Channel to get the latest news and views that matter.

Unlocking Article
Unlocking Article
ADS