Most Read
Most Commented
Read more like this
mk-logo
News
Utusan files to strike out Pahang MB’s suit

Utusan Melayu (Malaysia) Berhad has filed an application to strike out Pahang Menteri Besar Adnan Yaakob’s RM15 million defamation suit against it.

The case pertained to an article published by the defendant on Nov 9 last year titled, ‘Hebat Sangatkah Adnan’, in Mingguan Malaysia under the column, ‘Analisis Mingguan Bisik-Bisik Awang Selamat’.

Adnan’s lawyer Americk Sidhu said Justice Yeoh Wee Siam set Thursday to hear the case which was brought for mention in chambers today.

The trial would proceed on Monday (July 27) if the application is rejected, he said.

Meanwhile, Utusan’s lawyer Azhar Arman Ali said 16 witnesses including three journalists from Utusan would be called to testify if there is a trial.

Adnan in his suit filed on Dec 5 last year, alleged that the article had portrayed him as unfit to hold the post of Pahang menteri besar, had failed to carry out his responsibilities, overstayed his welcome and was pretentious.

The plaintiff further alleged that the article had tarnished his reputation and brought him into public odium.

- Bernama


Please join the Malaysiakini WhatsApp Channel to get the latest news and views that matter.

ADS