Bangkok bomb attacks suspects to be tried in civilian court

comments     Bernama     Published     Updated

The suspects in the deadly bomb attack at the Ratchaprasong intersection in central Bangkok will be facing trial in civilian court, said Thai Prime Minister General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

"Why (they) have to be brought to the military court? Is the normal court (civilian court) not enough?" he said when asked to comment about some media reports that the suspects would be tried in military court.

He said the case, which is a major one, linked to many things and an acceptable case process needed to be built.

The Minburi Court in Bangkok has so far issued at least 11 warrants of arrest, mostly against foreign suspects.

The suspects already arrested are Adem Karadag, who was apprehended at Poonanan Apartment in Nong Chok District on Aug 29, and Yusufu Merailee who was arrested in Aranyaprathet District, Sakeaw Province, near the Thai-Cambodia border on Sept 1.

- Bernama



Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In