SRC probe – MACC urges no speculation by media

comments     Published     Updated

The MACC today urged the media to cooperate not to indulge in speculation over its ongoing investigations into SRC International Sdn Bhd.

This follows the publication of Malaysiakini's report yesterday entitled MACC to quiz Jho Low, two others overseas .

A statement by its strategic director Rohaizad Yaakob said reports based on sources would affect MACC investigations as it may put witnesses in a position where their safety is at risk.

“For this reason, MACC asks the cooperation of all those concerned not to publish such reports so as to assist the anti-graft commission to complete and do a thorough investigation.

“MACC would update all of the developments of the investigation from time to time in an appropriate manner,” Rohaizad said.

In the report yesterday, it was stated that MACC investigators may go overseas to record statements from the three whom they had been looking for since Aug 23.

The three are flamboyant businessperson Jho Low (photo) , SRC International managing director Nik Faisal Ariff Nik Othman Kamil and the firm's director Suboh Mohd Yassin.



Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In