Another suspect in Morais murder case remanded

comments     Bernama     Published     Updated

One more suspect in the Anthony Kevin Morais murder case has been remanded for seven days from today to assist in investigations.

City CID chief Zainuddin Ahmad told Bernama the suspect had surrendered himself at the Sentul police headqaurters in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

He also said another suspect whose initial remand ended today, had his remand extended for a week.

Yesterday, six other suspects in the case also had their remand extended till Monday.

So far, 11 suspects have been arrested in the high-profile murder case.

In a related development, Zainuddin said a police forensics teams went back to where the body of Morais was found today to look for more evidence.

Last Wednesday, the body of Morais, 55, who was the deputy chief of the Appellate and Trial Division in the Attorney-General’s Chambers, was found in a drum filled with concrete in Persiaran Subang Mewah, Subang Jaya.

He was reported missing on Sept 4 and was last seen leaving his condominium in Menara Duta in Kuala Lumpur to go to his office in Putrajaya in a Proton Perdana bearing registration number WA6264Q.

- Bernama



Malaysiakini
news and views that matter


Sign In