Malaysiakini NEWS

Bukit Kukus landslide tragedy: Contractor blacklisted

Susan Loone  |  Published:  |  Modified:

The contractor of the Bukit Kukus project site in Paya Terubong, where a landslide had occured on Oct 17 last year, will not be given any more projects in the future, said Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow.

"The state executive council has directed the Penang Island City Council (MBPP) not to give the contractor any new jobs," Chow said at a press conference today.

"They will, however, complete the job in the Bukit Kukus paired road project as they have a responsibility to do so," he added...

Share this story

OR

Welcome back,

Your subscription expires on
  

Your subscription will expire soon, kindly renew before
  

Your subscription is expired
  Click here to renew

You are not subscribed to any subscription package
  Click here to subscribe now

Any questions?
  Email: [email protected]
  Call: +603-777-00000

Renew